Climbing, Bouldering and Mountaineering
People from around the world come to Inyo County to find themselves between a rock and a hard place. The diverse rock formations of the Eastern Sierra provide ample opportunities for exciting year-round rock climbing and bouldering. The Gorge, Buttermilks, Alabama Hills, and Happy and Sad Boulders of Volcanic Tablelands are a just a few of the world’s renowned sport climbing areas that you’ll find in Inyo County.
- Buttermilk Boulders, west of Bishop
- Happy and Sad Boulders, north of Bishop
- Bishop Creek Recreation Area, Bishop
- Owens River Gorge, north of Bishop
- Climbing locations: eastsidesports.com, www.sagetosummit.com, www.bishopvisitor.com
- Climbing Guides: sierramountaincenter.com, sierramtnguides.com, sierramountaineering.com